18 January 2011

Music Pick of the Day

Today's featured song is from a rap artist named Clifford Joseph Harris, Jr. better known as T.I. most of you know him but somehow there are still a few who dont, or maybe they're just not into hiphop and r&b. anyway, after serving his sentence, he released his 7th studio album entitled "No Mercy" and it's first single "Get Back Up feat. Chris Brown". On the same day he was again sentenced back to prison for violating the terms of his probation. So i guess he never got back up again.. lol. but this song is really good. A message we can all relate to. My favorite verse is 
"I admit, yeah, I done some dumb sh-t, 
disappointed everybody I know 
try not to hold that against me though 
my road to redemption has no GPS 
so guess the time must be invested for this to be manifested 
yes it's hard living life in the spotlight 
trying to dodge the haters same time as the cop light 
the bible say "let he without sin cast the stone first" (stone first) 
the sinner or the one who judged him, who was wrong first?"
Get back up after the jump!

No comments:

Post a Comment